Advance registration is strongly recommended. Students must be registered for a course in order to participate (no drop-ins). You may call in, fax, or mail your registration form to the Art Center, but your space in a course cannot be confirmed until payment is received. Students who register after the start date are responsible for paying full price; tuition will not be prorated. Hyde Park Art Center reserves the right to make corrections to prices and discounts for registrations made through this website.
A payment plan may be arranged with the Registrar if needed. An additional $5 fee will apply for all payment plans and a valid credit card must be kept on file.
- Early Registration: Register and pay in full before the early registration deadline and receive a $10 discount off of the total tuition. Advance registration is strongly recommended.
- Membership Discount: Hyde Park Art Center members receive a $20 discount off 10-week classes, $10 off 5-week classes and $25 off creativity camp sessions. Call 773-324-5520 for a coupon code to receive the member rate for online registration.
- Volunteer: Volunteers are eligible to receive a $10 school tuition reduction for every hour worked, up to half off tuition. Volunteer opportunities may be limited. Contact Eileen Truong at the Art Center to arrange your tuition-reduction plan for the current session. Hours worked must be completed at the time of registration.
- Financial Aid: Hyde Park Art Center offers a limited amount of full and half tuition need-based financial aid. Submit an application here or download a form and email or mail it to Eileen Truong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course withdrawal, refunds, and course credit
- Students must request to withdraw from a course in advance with the Registrar in order to be considered for a refund or course credit. Not attending a course does not constitute an official request to withdraw from a course.
- If a student must withdraw from a course or camp, refunds may be requested up to one week before the first class or camp meeting. A $30 processing fee will apply to all refunds.
- Full course credit may be requested in lieu of a refund up to one week before the first class or camp meeting. Course credit is non-transferable (to other students) and must be used within one year of issue.
- If a student withdraws from a course or camp less than one week before the first class meeting, or after the course has begun, no refund will be available.
- If a tuition payment was processed on a Visa or Mastercard, any applicable refunds will be processed to the same card. Confirmation of the card number may be required. If the original payment was received by check or cash, a refund check will be mailed or held at the Art Center for pick up.
Hyde Park Art Center reserves the right to cancel any course that does not have at least five students pre-registered one week before the first class session. In the event the Art Center cancels a course, a full refund will be available. If a tuition payment was processed on a Visa or Mastercard, any applicable refunds will be processed to the same card. Confirmation of the card number may be required. If the original payment was received by check or cash, a refund check will be mailed or held at the Art Center for pick up.
In the event that a class session is canceled due to a holiday or teacher absence, that class will be made up at the same day and time during the week immediately following the end of the term. Individual student absences cannot be made up.
Use of Images
Hyde Park Art Center occasionally takes photographs of students, Teaching Artists, and/or their artwork for use in print and electronic publications, promotional materials, and for archival purposes.
Questions? Contact Eileen Truong, Finance and Operations Manager, at email@example.com.