Free and open to the public seven days a week, the Hyde Park Art Center is a place where people from throughout Chicago and beyond can come together and connect with art and artists at every level. All of the Art Center’s programs, community events, and even its award winning building are supported through the Art Center's Annual Fund and made possible by the generosity and involvement of people like you.
This is who your gift will reach...
- 2,500 people annually who take part in the Art Center’s free events and programs—exercising their creativity, connecting with friends, family and community, and learning something new;
- 15 teens from Chicago’s south side who are mentored and given leadership opportunities through the Art Center’s Youth Art Board;
- 2,000 youth and adult students and over 40 need-based scholarship recipients each year who participate in the Art Center’s studio classes and camps;
- 4,000 youth to whom the Art Center provides needed arts education in their classrooms;
- 700 Chicago artists the Art Center supports by exhibiting their art, providing teaching opportunities, exposing their work to local and national audiences, providing professional development opportunities, and by creating a network and community of artists and supporters;
- 600 students for whom the Art Center has provided transportation support in the past year, enabling them to attend the Art Center for field trips and have a unique learning experience;
- 45,000 people who walk through the Art Center’s doors each year and take in the dozens of free exhibitions that give Chicago artists and curators chances to be innovators and expand their practice…
For more information on any of these programs or to discuss your contributions, please feel free to contact the Art Center’s Director or Development, Christina Jensen.