Our education programs amplify our skills, grow us as artists, and cultivate our community of creative citizens.
The Art Center offers on-site programs that take our skills to the next level. Meet other working and growing artists, try new mediums with teaching artists and visiting arts professionals. Enjoy our vibrant community filled with artists at every age and stage making meaningful art.
Classes & Workshops
Try something new or deepen your knowledge with a class or workshop in ceramics, painting and drawing, textiles, mosaics, digital and darkroom photography, and creative development. Courses take place in the Oakman Clinton Schools and Studios which accommodate groups and individual studio practices.
The Oakman Clinton School and Studios at Hyde Park Art Center are comprised of a ceramics studio, printmaking studio, digital media lab, darkroom, and several mixed media studios. With more than 200 courses across the visual arts, our seven studios serve nearly 2,000 students annually.
The Art Center’s classes are taught by professional artists, providing a contemporary learning environment that encourages individual and creative growth. Our Teaching Artists love sharing the practices and methods used in their professional work, guiding students through the process of discovery, and amplifying their skills along the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
We accept registrations online, in person and over the phone.
Click here to register online.
You can also visit us at the front desk during our business hours or give us a call at 773.324.5520 to register for a class.
With the goal of making our programs accessible, Hyde Park Art Center now operates on the Open Arts Model for about two-thirds of classes: we simply ask that you contribute what you can.
For classes that are still tuition only, financial aid is still an option- HPAC offers three full-tuition awards each term.
- To be considered for a full tuition award, applications must be submitted by the early registration deadline (see Course catalog for date).
- Award decisions will be based on 1) financial need and 2) thoughtfulness of responses.
- Recipients have 1 week from the award date to register; otherwise, the award is forfeited. Applicants who have forfeited their award are not eligible for aid until the following term.
- Recipients must not miss more than 2 classes for a 10 week course or 1 class for a 5 week course. Failure to attend will result in ineligibility for financial aid for 4 terms.
- Applicants may receive only 1 full tuition award per year.
- Applicants not chosen for a full tuition award may be eligible for a half tuition award.
For creativity camps, there are half-tuition options available, which will be accepted on a rolling basis. This financial aid is based on both need and available funds. To apply, please fill out the form below. Please note that:
- Award decisions will be based on financial need.
- Recipients have 1 week from the award date to register; otherwise, the award is forfeited. Applicants who have forfeited their award may not apply again until the following term.
- Students who wish to renew aid must reapply each term.
For additional questions, please contact Jacquelyn Guerrero, our Finance and Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to financial aid, we also offer Community-Supported Programs.
ART FOR EVERYONE! In community-supported programs, there’s no minimum required tuition to participate. We ask that students and families contribute what you can. Your contributions help support program costs such as teaching artists, supplies, and space. We thank you for contributing as generously as you can to this creative community!
Find our current community-supported program offerings here
Interested in volunteering or contributing in other ways? Let us know!
For adults, all basic supplies are included for the introductory-level classes. Teaching artists may give out additional recommended supply lists for special projects, and for intermediate and advanced classes.
Unfortunately not. Studio and equipment usage is reserved for class-takers only.
Thank you for thinking of us! While we appreciate your generosity, we have very limited space for donations. Please contact Allison Cochrane, our Studio Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com to find out whether we are able to accept what you’ve got.