Petting Zoo (got it)
Food Trucks (got ’em)
Artist performances, artmaking workshops, art to buy (check, check, and check)
In fact, we’re going all out. We also have…
A free pig roast (6pm)
Oh, and beer (all day, phew)
If that’s not enough for you, we’re honestly just fun people and it would be great if you came and hung out during our birthday celebration. So, we hope you join us at our award-winning 32,000 square foot facility and neighboring outdoor space in the glorious neighborhood of Hyde Park. See you soon!
Some things you may be wondering:
What does it cost?
It’s free, that’s the best part! Though food items and such may have a cost.
Who should come?
Everyone! The event will probably skew a bit younger during the day, and move into more mature audience territory around 5ish–nothing that kids couldn’t be around for though.
How do I get to the Art Center?
(It’s easy… Honestly, we’re only a 10 minute drive or 20 minute bus ride from downtown.)
- If you are taking public transit, you can hop on the CTA #6 Jackson Park Express bus to East Hyde Park Boulevard and Cornell Avenue, then walk half a block north.
- Alternately, you can take the #15 Jeffrey or #28 Stony Island bus to East Hyde Park Boulevard and Lake Park Avenue, then walk one block east and half a block north. For detailed maps and schedules, visit the CTA’s website at www.transitchicago.com.
- You can also take the Metra Electric Line to the 51st/53rd Street stop. Exit at 51st Street, walk half a block east and turn left (north) on Cornell Ave.
- The University of Chicago’s buses also run by the Art Center – the East route, for example, will drop you off right in front of our building!
- If you are traveling by car, take Lake Shore Drive south and exit Hyde Park Boulevard (51st Street). Take a left and follow the curve. Turn right on Cornell Ave and you’ll see the Art Center on your left.
What about parking?
- You may get lucky and find street parking.
- Paid parking (cash only) is also available at Regents Park directly east of us, 5050 S. Lake Shore Drive (garage access off of S. East End Ave.).
- You may be able to find parking in the garage near LA Fitness located south of the Art Center between E. 52nd and E. 53rd Streets. Enter the garage from S. Lake Park Ave.
Still want to know more:
Check back after 9/9 for the full schedule of events (or as close to it as we can get). We’ll also be updating our Facebook page with new information.