Like an ARTastic happy hour, ARTBAR is a new ARTventure for creative adults. Once per quarter, we offer live music, a cash bar, art making workshops in the studios, and a little extra something in the galleries.
Join us for a celebration of International Women’s Day with some uniquely off-center tributes to creative ladies. It’s going to be a little irreverent, a little weird…and a lot of fun. We’ll have:
- an (ovary) egg hunt, where you can win a prize of $50 off a studio art class if you find the hidden baby,
- a Beyonce lip sync competition, where you can win a tiara crowning you the new Queen B,
- a silkscreen workshop, where you can create your own multi-colored silkscreen posters, choosing from a variety of colors and stencils to create one-of-a-kind artworks that celebrate all kinds of women, and
- textaport puzzle-painting! What’s that, you ask? Well…upon entering the art space, you’ll be provided with a recipe to create a small painting. As the night progresses, friends and strangers will work together to produce paintings in various shapes and sizes to be fitted together like a puzzle. The result will be a well-known painting celebrating International Women’s Day, which will be available for viewing online once complete. You can also take the recipe home to recreate their own copy of the painting at home.
- a CA$HBAR by Hyde Park’s own
- a DJ spinning your favorite tunes by women artists.
So roll up your sleeves, grab a drink from the bar, rock out to some tunes, and feel inspiration flow.
$15 suggested donation.