January -June 2022
Qualifications: We are seeking a work-study eligible student from the following schools: SAIC, Columbia College Chicago or the University of Chicago. Hyde Park Art Center’s Marketing Intern reports to the Manager of Marketing & Communications and implements the Art Center’s communications materials, including:
Photography, website up-keep and external communications and assisting with promoting the organization’s mission, exhibitions, school, residency, public programs, and events. This candidate will be of particular support from and collaboration with the marketing team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn and grow with the organization. S/he/they are a strong photographer, have the ability to attend on-site events and is highly organized; knows how to merge the big picture with the little details; can relate to a wide range of people; identifies opportunities and demonstrates initiative; and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Experience with marketing, media relations, journalistic writing and WordPress is a plus.
The Marketing intern will work collaboratively with all staff across the organization, but with particular support and collaboration with the marketing team.
- Creates content and collaborates with staff to photograph events, classes, exhibitions and programming.
- Organizes and archives photography for each event and for each department.
- Works with Marketing & Communications Manager to assemble photography folders for each Catalog + Creativity Camp postcard.
- Works with the marketing and development team to generate content for promoting the organization and its programs, including special projects like galas and board member stories.
- Maintains the Art Center’s photography archive in the common drive.
- Liaises with Hyde Park Art Center staff to provide support and assist in updating the website.
- Public Relations/Communications (15%)
- Builds relationships with other creative, cultural, or performance groups in Chicago in the service of audience-building and cross-promotion
- Researches potential press members
- Updates Press Ephemera listings.
- Builds partnerships and connections with key press individuals.
- Design & Collateral (10%)
-Collaborates with Manager of Marketing & Communications to produce design and visuals for social media campaigns
-Collaborates with the Manager of Marketing & Communications to create monthly posters and Center Sunday promotionals.
The Marketing Intern is a part-time, work-study eligible contractual position. The candidate will work a maximum of 10 hours per week with a pay scale of $15 per hour.
No applicant for employment with Hyde Park Art Center shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, age, reprisal for engaging in anti-discrimination activities, sexual orientation, or parental status.
To apply: please send you resume and a brief statement about your experience/background and why you are interested in the internship.
Submit your materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Internship” by December 14, 2021.
* This position is open only to eligible work-study students of SAIC, Columbia College Chicago, and the University of Chicago.