Finance & Operations Intern
10-20 hrs per week | January 2023 – May 2023
Hyde Park Art Center’s mission is to stimulate and sustain the visual arts in Chicago. Founded in 1939, the Art Center is a leading visual art institution that uniquely combines the qualities of a community-based organization with those of a nationally recognized exhibitions program and international residency program. The Art Center has recently completed a strategic plan that envisions and prioritizes building a more equitable and civically-engaged community through art. Throughout the year, the Art Center serves 40,000 people through art classes for all ages; puts on 12-15 exhibits; works with local, national & international resident artists and hosts free public programs. To keep our programs fresh, creative and relevant requires passionate people who believe in our mission. We love working with interns to run and improve our programs and hopefully inspire future leaders in the arts sector.
Hyde Park Art Center seeks a Finance & Operations Intern to support our day-to-day operations, supporting the school & studios, exhibition, and artist residency programs. This position is perfect for someone who is looking to expand their professional experience in administrative support, support communal artmaking spaces, and/or apply technical skills towards data entry and analysis. The Finance & Operations Intern will work closely with the Finance & Operations and Education Departments, reporting directly to the Finance & Operations Manager.
- Assisting with administrative projects such as reconciling student accounts records, enrollment data entry and analysis, etc
- Staffing the front desk with 1-2 weekly shifts; front desk duties include welcoming and directing visitors, being knowledgeable about exhibitions, classes, and programs.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the front desk, galleries, and school studios.
- Assisting with public programs and events.
- Assist with enrollment data and reports.
- Support the implementation of COVID-related safety protocols.
Students must be eligible for FWS (Federal Work Study) in order to be compensated for this internship. Alternately, SAIC students must be enrolled in a CAPX Internship Course to receive course credit for this internship.