Fall Term - Session 1
September 14 - October 25
End of glaze sessions and seminar classes: October 31st
Fall Term - Session 2 Registration
Opens at 12:00PM on October 19
For more information and to register please click HERE
Fall Term - Session 2
November 9 - December 20
December 21 - January 3
Cart Pick Up & Drop Off Schedule:
The carts are placed at the entrance on Tuesdays 12:30pm – 6:30pm and Thursdays 10am – 5pm for finished fired work pickups and greenware drop offs.
Studio Space Schedule:
|9:00 AM||Studio Closed|
|9:30 AM||Glaze Session*
|Multi TH&H – Marian
|10:00 AM||Th&H – Cheryl
|10:30 AM||Seminar Studio
|12:00 PM||Glaze Session*
|12:30 PM||Glaze Session*
|1:30 PM||Seminar Studio
|2:00 PM||Glaze Session*
|2:30 PM||Glaze Session*
|5:00 PM||Seminar Studio
|5:30 PM||Slab Building – Melissa
(5:30 – 7:30pm)
* By appointment only
Fire on Thursday 10/15 – Unload Kiln on Monday 10/19
Fire on Thursday 10/22 – Unload Kiln on Monday 10/26
Fire on Thursday 10/29 – Unload Kiln on Monday 11/2
Stay tuned for future ceramic sale information.
New Policies for Ceramics Students Returning to HPAC- Fall 2020
- Everyone will be asked to check in at the front desk when you arrive. You’ll need to give your name and email and/or phone number.
- The ceramics studio will have a max of 6 people (big & small studios combined).
- The glaze room will have a max of 2 people.
- Only 2 students will be scheduled for glaze sessions at a time. This is for students enrolled in the Work from Home Program.
- During scheduled open studio (Seminar) and in-person classes, please coordinate with your fellow artists and/or instructor to allow for fair use of the glaze room. We suggest about an hour per person.
- Masks must be worn over the mouth & nose at all times in the building and ceramics studio.
- Please enter through the main studio classroom entrance (formerly coke machine) and exit by clay storage.
- Distancing of 6 feet must be maintained at all times between persons.
- No guests are allowed at this time in the studio.
- No eating is allowed at this time in the studio.
- We suggest bringing in a water bottle because water fountains won’t be in use.
- Seminar students will be assigned studio hours to use the ceramics studio with a 3 hour max working time which includes clean up. You will get a reminder from a staff member when it’s clean up time.
- To get clay you must be enrolled in a fall ceramics class or program.
- For the Work from Home Program or Seminar class, please email Angela and/or Joe to have your clay prepped for pick up or available at your 1st scheduled studio session. Choices include: light stoneware, dark stoneware, and/or porcelain.
- For in person classes, your instructor will give you clay during your scheduled class.
- All classes with studio access come with 2 bags of clay with the option to purchase one additional bag. To purchase an additional bag, please see the front desk–cash is preferred.
- Please do not come early to your scheduled glaze or studio session and please exit once your time ends. This allows for others to use the studio safely as there are multiple in-person activities scheduled a day.
- We unfortunately are not able to offer open studio hours or walk-ins.
- We strongly recommend using your personal tools. Tool kits can be purchased at the front desk for $15.
- If using shared tools, please clean the clay off and place them in the disinfecting bucket near the sink at the end of your studio hours or in person class.
- Please do not change the arrangement of workstations, wheels, or tables.
- Please follow the walkway directions whenever possible.
- Please do not touch items that are not yours.
- Only ceramics staff are allowed in the kiln room.
- Seminar and Work from Home students are expected to work independently without the help of other students or staff.
- The bathroom near the studio will be closed, students will need to use the bathrooms in the main hallway. Please exit by clay storage and reenter at the main studio classroom entrance (formerly coke machine).
- If you want to work with clay from home please read the how to work with clay at home document (attached below).
- The slab rollers will have a 1 hour limit per student (unless no one else needs to use it).
- The extruder will have a 40 min limit per student (unless no one else needs to use it).
- Remember to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds & utilize the hand sanitizer stations.
- Please follow the instructions of the ceramic studio staff person.
- To pick up finished fired work: There will be two carts located near the front entrance (closet space across from water fountains) on Tuesdays 12:30pm to 6:30pm and Thursdays 10am to 5pm through the end of the term. One cart will have finished glaze fired work and the other cart is for the work from home students. Please limit touching items that are not yours.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms or are caring for anyone who is experiencing symptoms please stay home.
- If you are ill please stay home.